At Advanced Allergy and Asthma Family Care on Staten Island, we diagnose and treat a number of conditions for patients of all ages- from babies and children to teenagers and adults.
Staten Island Allergy Testing & Treatment
We provide patients in the Staten Island area with allergy testing to diagnose food allergies, environmental allergies (ie- dust, pollen, mold, dog, cat, etc.), and medication allergies such as penicillin.
We perform food challenges for patients who may have outgrown a food allergy such as peanut allergy, milk allergy, or egg allergy. This provides those patients the opportunity to try a food they have been told they are previously allergic to in a safe, monitored setting.
We can test for penicillin allergy – More than 90% of patients who think they are allergic to penicillin really aren’t, and may be receiving alternative medications that are more expensive or not as effective.
We offer immunotherapy (in the form of “Allergy Shots”) as a treatment for patients with environmental allergies. This works to desensitize them of their allergies. Medication only works to temporarily treat symptoms of allergies, while shots can be a cure.
Staten Island Asthma Diagnosis and Treatment
We diagnose asthma with pulmonary function testing and provide therapy. In addition to the existing treatments, there are new medications called “biologics,” which are injected periodically to treat patients with severe asthma who previously would require a lot of steroids.
Staten Island Eczema Treatment, Contact Dermatitis Treatment & More
At Advanced Allergy and Asthma Family Care on Staten Island, one of the skin conditions we treat is eczema. Aside from topical medications, there is a new injectable biologic treatment for eczema.
We also offer treatment for chronic hives and contact dermatitis. Additionally, we perform patch testing for patients who think they might be allergic to products they use on their skin- such as ingredients in their makeup, soaps, detergents, hair dye, or eyelash glue.
You can find a full list of conditions treated and procedures offered below.
- Allergic Conjunctivitis
- Allergic Rhinitis (Hayfever)
- Anaphylaxis (life-threatening allergic reaction)
- Angioedema (Swelling)
- Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
- Contact Dermatitis
- Drug Allergy
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Food Allergy
- Food Protein-Induced Enterocolitis Syndrome (FPIES)
- Immune Deficiency (Frequent Infections)
- Nasal Polyps
- Urticaria (Hives)
- Allergy Blood Testing
- Allergy Skin Testing (Environmental, Food, Drug)
- Drug Desensitization
- Spirometry (Pulmonary Function Testing)
- Oral Food Challenge
- Oral Drug Challenge
- Subcutaneous Allergen Immunotherapy (Allergy Shots)
- Xolair (for Severe Asthma and/or Hives)
- Fasenra (for eosinophilic asthma)
- Nucala (for eosinophilic asthma)
- Cinqair (for eosinophilic asthma)
- Dupixent (for severe asthma and/or eczema)
- Penicillin Allergy Testing
- Patch testing (to evaluate for skin allergies to chemicals or products such as hair color, cosmetics, fragrance etc)
11 Ralph Place, Suite 205
Staten Island, NY 10304 [map]
Mondays (12pm - 6: 30pm)
Wednesdays (12pm - 6:00pm)
We accept same-day appointments (based on availability).